Affordable Health Insurance In Az Question & Answers
What exactly has Barack Obama done that conservatives are so angry about?
Barack Obama has changed the world. No other leader can match his accomplishments. He solved global warming, provided free healthcare for everyone, created millions of jobs and repayed the $14 trillion national debt. Why are conservatives still unhappy?
Sarah Fields answers:
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act
• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
• First President to Defy a Federal Judge’s Court Order to Cease Implementing the ‘Health Care Reform’ Law
• First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party (insurance)
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ Jobs — and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat
• First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions”
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees
• First President to Terminate America’s Ability to Put a Man into Space.
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places(at least if you are a Black Panther or a member of ACORN that is)
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present”
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies if they Publicly Speak out on the Reasons for their Rate Increases
• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory
• First President to File Lawsuits Against the States He Swore an Oath to Protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)
• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts
• First President to Golf 73 Separate Times in His First Two-and-a-Half Years in Office But remember: He will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, the environment is repaired and free circus tickets with popcorn!
— “A socialist is somebody who doesn’t have anything, and is ready to divide it up equally among everybody.” Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950
Where can I find affordable health insurance in Tucson, AZ?
Anyone have any suggestions on inexpensive healthcare. I am disabled and we survive on my wife’s income. Our current health insurance premiums are $1150.00 per month (it goes up about $150 per year). We are at our breaking point because we are soon going to have to decide what to cut from our budget (the house, food or health insurance). Because I am disabled no one will insure me. The insurance we have now we had before I became disabled so they can’t kick me out.
I’m afraid that if we don’t have insurance something could happen to me, my wife or kids that would require a hospital visit and could run in the thousands or tens of thousands. I don’t want to have to go bankrupt because I couldn’t afford to have coverage.
I had a stay in the hospital two years ago and the total bill was $60,000.00. the insurance covered all but $3000.00.
If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Sarah Fields answers:
I’m an insurance agent in Tucson. Unfortunately, if you are disabled it is doubtful that any of the companies will accept you, affordable or otherwise.
Since you are disabled you need to apply for Social Security Disability. Then, after 24 months you will be eligible for Medicare. With Medicare you’ll have a premium for Part B, currently at $115.40 for most people. You will then be eligible for a Medicare Advantage plan, and we have several plans here in Pima County with a zero dollar premium. You will apply at the Social Security office.
I read your other question and the income will not have any affect on your eligibility for Social Security or Medicare. It will have an affect on any eligibility for Medicaid, which is called AHCCCS (pronounced access) in AZ. However, it doesn’t hurt to apply.
Can anyone suggest a hospital or clinic in CA. or AZ. that treats breast cancer patients with no medical ins?
A family member of mine has breast cancer. She has no ins. and is not a legal resident. She has been in the hospital and is on meds. She is not sure if she will go through with chemo because of the cost. I would hate to see her children loose their mom at such a young age. Our family has come together to support her emotionally and financially.
If anyone has any information of some place where we could seek assistance or somewhat affordable care for her it would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah Fields answers:
The American Cancer Society has a page with many resources for those without insurance or in need of financial assistance.
Medical Insurance and Financial Assistance for the Cancer Patient
Your family member can be treated at a hospital that offers a program for patients unable to pay. Years ago the US gov financed hospitals in every state under the stipulation that they provide free or reduced cost to patients who could not afford to pay. Check for your state at the following site:
Hill-Burton Free and Reduced Cost Health Care
Powered by Yahoo! Answers