Skip to content

Baby Health Insurance California Question & Answers

2014 April 21
by Sarah Fields

Robert asks…

Anyone have experience with Medi- Cal? or some other heatlh insurance assistance in CA?

I live in California. I am afraid that I might lose my job and health insurance before I have the baby. Does anyone know anything or every been on Medi-Cal? If so how did it work? Or are there any other options in California for pregnant women with no health coverage? Any information will be helpful and thanks!

Sarah Fields answers:

With most employers even after termination you can pay your premium directly to insurance provider and not lose coverage. This falls under the COBRA act in CA. If you remain unemployed just got to DSS and make an apt. For assistance. YOu will need proof of residence, and pregnancy. In some cases you will qualify for other assistance as well that you may need during this time. Good Luck!!!!

Mandy asks…

Which is better. Associates in Medical Assisting, Certificate, Or diploma? And which makes more money?

Hi. I am looking to become a Medical Assistant. I can’t figure out which is better. A Certificate in medical assisting, a Diploma in Medical Assisting, or an Associates degree in Medical Assisting. And I’m curious as to which degree has the most earning potential. Help from Medical assistants appreciated! THANKS! :)

Sarah Fields answers:

I teach medical assisting. I’m not sure what you mean by a diploma but an associate degree in medical assisting is definitely better than a certificate. If you can, go to junior college as they are much less expensive.

Yes, it is true that it can be tough to get a job without experience. It is best if you can volunteer in an office while you are in school, although sometimes they won’t let you volunteer because of insurance issues. The big thing while in school is to NETWORK. Tell your friends, family, doctor, dentist, chiropractor, GYN doctor, etc that you are going. You can also join HOSA, which may help you or the American Medical Assistants Association. Here in CA it is the California Medical Assistants Association.

There are valid reasons to skip medical assisting and go right to LVN or RN training program. If you can do the LVN program for the same time and money you will get more bang for your buck.

However, keep in mind that while you can’t write off your initial training, you might be able to write off classes which further your career. So you couldn’t write of MA training but possibly could RN–check with your tax person.

OR you may get in with a company which will pay you to further your training or give you tuition reimbursement. You pay for your class and they pay you back once you pass.

Another thing you could consider is to start as a CNA. They get all the worst duties that the RNs don’t want to do but it can be a better way to start than an MA. I don’t know about where you live but here in CA one has to be a CNA and then they can train to become a home health aide. This tends to be much easier as you can just work for one person or a couple in their home. The need for this type of worker is exploding as the baby boomers and their parents age. People want to stay in their homes rather than go to a nursing home.

Know that a lot of RN programs are impacted and so if you begin as an MA or CNA you have a better chance of getting into RN school and you will tend to do better as you already know some of the stuff.

So here are some options. Good luck to you whatever way you choose to go.

George asks…

It make me very happy when white Americans get beat up by Mexicans in Mexico and in the states does it make?

you happy and delighted to know that they are paying for their sins by being brutalized.

Im pro illegal but hate turncoats like you even more than the antis. You imbeciles come in, become citizens and enjoy the benefits your third world country could not offer you, yet you put down other people for wanting a better life just like you did. Why dont you go back to your worthless country and make it better boy.
I’m not a democrat, and easily make a 6 figure income year in year out.

I am a U.S born citizen, so is my father. I make 20-50k per month, possibly more than you make all year. As far as education, I was at the top of my class in almost every subject throughout my schooling.

Sarah Fields answers:

1st Qtr INS/FBI Statistical Report on Illegal Immigration.

Work Paid Under the Table – No Taxes
> 62% of all “undocumented immigrants” (illegal aliens) in the United States are working for cash and not paying taxes;
> Those working illegal aliens who are paying taxes are doing so by use of stolen social security numbers, a felony.

> 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens;
> 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens;
> 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens;
> 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Albuquerque are illegal aliens;
> 24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally;
> 40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally;
> 48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally;
> 29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually;
> More than 53% of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens;
> More than half of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border;

Car Thefts/ Traffic Violations
> More than 71% of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by illegal aliens or transport coyotes”;
> 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens;
> 63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens;
> 66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66%, 98% are illegal aliens;

The Cost of Health Benefits
> More than 380,000 “anchor babies” were born in the United States in 2005 were to parents who are illegal aliens; making those 380,000 babies automatically U.S. Citizens. 97.2% of all costs concurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayer;
> More than 66% of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers;

The Cost of Welfare
> More than 43% of all Food Stamps issued are to illegal aliens;
> More than 41% of all unemployment checks issued in the United States are to illegal aliens;
> 58% of all Welfare payments in the United States are issued to illegal aliens;
> Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties in the United States are illegal aliens;
> More than 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
> Less than 2% of illegal aliens in the United States are picking crops , but 41% are on welfare;

The Cost of Education
> More than 34% of Arizona students in grades 1-12 are illegal aliens;
> More than 24% of Arizona students in grades 1-12 are non-English-speaking;
> More than 39% of California students in grades 1-12 are illegal aliens;
More than 42% of California students in grades 1-12 are non-English-speaking. In Los Angeles County, 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish;

Costs to American Tax Payers
> The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University];
> The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican ILLEGAL alien is $55,000.00 cost to the American taxpayer in a 5-year

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Leave a Reply

Note: You may use basic HTML in your comments. Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS