Health Insurance Exchange Arizona Question & Answers
when will the american public realize basically everything they are told by their “leaders” is a lie?
when will they wake up and realize they are nothing more than modern day slaves
Sarah Fields answers:
Top 10 Obama Lies….President Obama is becoming a veritable Pinocchio by stretching the truth on a regular basis. Here are the Top 10 Obama Lies.
1. Americans want higher taxes: During the debate over raising the debt ceiling, President Obama said that 80% of Americans support including higher taxes as part of the deal. But a Rasmussen poll taken the same week showed that only 34% believe a tax hike should be included in a debt-ceiling agreement.
2. Mother denied health insurance: During his presidential campaign, Obama said that his mother died of cancer after being denied coverage for a preexisting condition. He used her image in a campaign ad, repeated the claim in debates, and used the same rhetoric as President when he tried to sell ObamaCare to the American people. But a new book by New York Times reporter Janny Scott says that Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, had health insurance through her employer and was only denied disability insurance.
3. Tax restraint for middle and lower class: Obama pledged during his campaign and throughout his presidency not to raise taxes on families making less than $250,000. But ObamaCare’s individual mandate will hit many under the $250,000 mark. (Obama’s own Justice Department said the mandate was a tax, not a penalty, when it argued its constitutionality.) Not to mention a higher federal cigarette tax and countless other “fees” in the health care law that hit the middle and lower class.
4. Shovel-ready jobs: When Obama was selling his $787 billion stimulus package, he consistently bragged about how shovel-ready construction jobs would be funded across the nation. Even the President later admitted that was a lie, when he told the New York Times: “There’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.”
5. Keep your doctor: President Obama repeatedly pledged that under his health care measure, Americans would be able to keep their doctors. However, with rising costs, many employers will dump their health care plans and force workers into the state health care exchanges (unless you belong to one of the unions getting ObamaCare waivers.) A survey by McKinsey & Company found that more than 30% of companies will discontinue coverage for their workers.
6. No lobbyists: During the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama said: “We have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. … I don’t take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won’t find a job in my White House.” At least a dozen former lobbyists got top jobs in his administration at the beginning of his presidency, according to Politico, and National Public Radio reported the Obama administration was granting waivers to lobbyists to circumvent the ban.
7. Foreign money in campaigns: During his 2010 State of the Union address, and again during the 2010 midterm elections, Obama railed against foreign money influencing U.S. Elections. The only problem was that there was no evidence to support the charge or, as Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, in the State of the Union audience, silently mouthed, “Not true.”
8. Arizona immigration law: During the battle over Arizona’s immigration law, President Obama said: “Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.” Uh, actually, Mr. President, it couldn’t. The law would allow law enforcement officials to inquire about immigration status only when there is suspicion of a crime being committed.
9. Transparency: Obama pledged that transparency would be a top priority, but his administration refused to grant one-third of the Freedom of Information Act requests, according to an Associated Press analysis. He also was dishonest about transparency when he said that health-care negotiations would be televised on C-SPAN and that he would wait five days to sign a bill so people would have a chance to read it online.
10. Constitutional oath: During his January 2009 inauguration, Barack Obama pledged to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” yet he has consistently ignored the 10th Amendment giving powers not enumerated in the Constitution to the states. Exhibit No. 1: ObamaCare.
When does the Obama hypocrisy end?
The Obama administration is signaling to Congress that the president could support taxing some employee health benefits, as several influential lawmakers and many economists favor, to help pay for overhauling the health care system.
The proposal is politically problematic for President Obama, however, since it is similar to one he denounced in the presidential campaign as “the largest middle-class tax increase in history.” Most Americans with insurance get it from their employers, and taxing workers for the benefit is opposed by union leaders and some businesses.
In television advertisements last fall, Mr. Obama criticized his Republican rival for the presidency, Senator John McCain of Arizona, for proposing to tax all employer-provided health benefits. The benefits have long been tax-free, regardless of how generous they are or how much an employee earns. The advertisements did not point out that Mr. McCain, in exchange, wanted to give all families a tax credit to subsidize the purchase of coverage.
Sarah Fields answers:
Alternative History of Obama’s First Two Years — Would it Have Been Better This Way?
What if Obamacare had been a 200 page bill, incredibly easy to read and understand, that set up poverty primary care centers in 2000 cities and towns in USA, with well-stocked pharmacies, at no charge to indigent verified citizens of USA. Non citizens are treated first and then deported immediately back to Mexico. If they show up again Mexico jails them.
These primary care centers would be for people below the 150% of Poverty line. They would be staffed by Uniformed Public Health Service Doctors and Red Cross Volunteer Nurses, physician’s assistants and orderlies who would get very generous college grants in exchange for their service. There would also be staff from Pinkerton’s, or Kroll’s, or Brinks to assure total security for the Always Open Primary Care Centers and Pharmacies. Violent felons would simply be shot if they attacked these facilities.
The money for this very simple bill would not come by raiding the Medicare Trust Fund and stealing $400 Billion out of it. It would have come from fines and disgorgements on Wall Street Bankers and Bankers. Each of the Big Banks who have done much wrong would pay part of their fine every year for 20 years. Each senior executive would get a claw back of their ill gotten gains in the form of a fine to be paid over 20 years. They could keep their jobs but they would not be allowed to go back to their hienous conduct. They would have to earn their living by providing real value, not swindles. Or they could seek jobs elsewhere.
See the Punish the Bankers Program and the Fund the Healthcare Program are connected.
So you don’t need to steal money from anybody to pay for healthcare for poor people.
You also don’t need to reform health insurance.
You don’t need to kill private practice by Doctors.
You don’t need to force people to buy things.
You don’t need to bully the states.
Instead you bring them solutions to problems.
Solutions that are paid for, and not by them. No unfunded mandates, free gifts instead, to lighten the load on their local taxpayers.
And you get to pick up and get rid of a lot of Illegal aliens, and repatriate them so they can be legal citizens (but not here, in their own country instead).
Cooperation of Mexico could be attained by restoring the Maquiladora plants along the Texas Mexico border and giving Mexico advantageous trade relations with USA while closing down some of the free access for the Chinese who are eating our lunch, after lending us the money to buy it, and then making it for us. Plants along the border can provide entrepreneurial opportunities for American citizens, and we should make sure that happens as part of the deal.
This also gets rid of the problem with Arizona. They could have the integrity of their own state. Somebody could just tell Janet Napolitano to go back to her office and shut up. Let Joe Arpaio do his job. And finish the danged fence.
Close down our relationship with Iraq. Just bring the troops out, even if Iraq never resolves its election or decides how to divvy up their oil money. Not our problem.
Suspend parts of the Posse Comitatus Act so that returning troops can be posted along the Texas Mexico border to secure it until a workable fence can be built.
Get most of the troops out of Afghanistan. Wage totally lethal war on Al Qaida and Taliban from predator strikes. Upgrade our targeting capacity with more and better satellites and more and better analysts, connected in real time to more and better triggermen at Central Command, or at Battle Mountain. Sneakers on the linoleum actually works better than boots on the ground. It’s more cost effective per terrorist killed. We need to focus on Yemen anyway, that’s where most of Al Qaida has gone.
Obama gets credit because he tried to do big things. He wants to be a Great President, like Ronald Reagan, not a midnight basketball baby steps President.
Obama needs to learn that he’s not a good manager, and that all his “yes” men are not good managers either. So the West Wing needs some good managers. Why not recruit some H. Ross Perot types from the business community? People who know how to get things done. It’s not enough to have big dreams, or big audacity, you also need to have big management talent. If Obama could realize that he needs such talent around him, he could do much better in the next two years.
Alternative history is only of interest to people who are interested in history, politics, policy, economics, or reason. Most folks just want the remote, the six pack, and the chips and dip. That’s cool.
Thinking will not hurt your brain, so please hink on these things, and let me know your non-scornful, and non-clowny best answers. Thank you so much.
The Little Servant of all Mankind,
Sarah Fields answers:
Assuming I agree with all your premises (which I don’t) here are a few problems I see:
– I agree some of the bankers should be in jail. But why should fines go to people for healthcare, before the people the bankers screwed (who lost houses and retirement money) get reimbursed? Also, don’t forget Congress & the SEC had oversight on the banks, and they share the blame. Those people should be punished too.
– The illegals. You say “you get to pick up and get rid of a lot of Illegal aliens, and repatriate them so they can be legal citizens (but not here, in their own country instead).” How are you going to do that? You can do it once or twice, then the entire illegal community will be wise to your tactics, and besides that, there are at least 30 sanctuary cities (New York, San Fransisco, etc.) in the US that welcome illegals and make it illegal for their police to detain illegals. It won’t work. (But I am with you about building a border fence.)
– Janet Nepolitano. I think your comments were too kind.
– Trade. The Maquiladora plants already have a special status that gives them tax breaks. NAFTA already gives Mexico advantageous trade deals with the USA & Canada. You can’t stop dollars going to China, because they are getting the dollars from US consumers who are purchasing Chinese products (made by US companies).
– All this crap going on is a distraction to us. I believe there are other things being done behind the scenes that we will not know about for years. Obama has over 30 czars, who is watching them? The UN law is also creeping into the US via Obama and Bush signing treaties.
Trust but verify. I do not trust any politicians once they are sitting in DC.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers