Skip to content

Health Insurance San Diego Ca Question & Answers

2013 December 22
by Sarah Fields

Daniel asks…

where can i get the h1n1 flu shot for free?

i was listening to the news this morning and they said it was available for everyone
will i be charged if i dont have insurance?
i need a place in san diego ca

Sarah Fields answers:

Call your local health dept and ask if they are giving free H1N1 clinics. In fact that was the only place I could get my shot . Most doctors couldn’t get supplies .

George asks…

Free health insurance for psychiatric help?

I’m looking for free help and possible medication for anxiety and panic disorder. I don’t know where to look or who to ask so I’m asking here. Where can I find insurance or a place where they will actually listen and diagnose you?

Location: San Diego, CA USA
This is for an adult

Sarah Fields answers:

The only “free” health insurance is welfare. There are some local clinics around, though, where you can go sit and wait.

Mandy asks…

I was a RN in Romania, how can I get a license in the USA?

I live legally in Fl .

Sarah Fields answers:

It is VERY easy (MUCH easier than any other profession anyway). I am an international student here in US getting an RN/BSN degree from a US school, and have a little left and I’ve spoken with a few lawyers and here is what you need to do.

Because of the US’s need for RN’s, you do not need to get US labor certification, as most employment based visas do. That takes the most time. You also need 4 things to be able to file your application for a green card in BSCIS (it used to be called INS, but now they changed it to Dept of Homeland security).

1) You have to take an exam (sort of equivalent to the US exam that US nurses take which is called the NCLEX, but for you it’s a different exam of similar content). Basically what they are going to want is for the US board of nursing (not state based) is to have permanent, unlimited license to practice in any state of the US (all 50).
2) I am not sure about this one, but one lawyer told me you would need to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a second language) and one lawyer told me no, that it depends on the hospital and current immigration requirements (they change). So you should find out that.
3) You need to find a sponsoring institution. Your most safe bet is a hospital/health care system for which you will be working that is willing to sponsor you for the employment-based green card/permanent residence.
4) You need to pass the visa screening exam (I think it’s sort of like a physical to make sure you don’t have TB, AIDS, etc). If you do, I don’t know what they would do, but I have a friend who tested positive for TB and his green card process is stalled for 9 months until he finishes the prophylactic treatment… So, that’s something you need to do.

Your hardest part will be finding a sponsor. Although I know there are some agencies that will place you, guaranteeing you a green card, relocation expenses and etc. I can tell you right now that you will less likely be placed in a nice place. Meaning, they will place you where US citizens will not work/where there is a need basically. I know they place people in New Orleans, LA or now they are doing stuff in San Diego, CA because those are natural disaster areas and there is a need. So, if choice of location is important and your status does not allow you time to search for a more optimal place, these agencies are your way to go. They don’t cost you anything, but the hospital will pay them once you sign the contract.

Other than that, what you can do is call hospitals and ask if they sponsor. Some state institutions and those affiliated with medical schools (especially federally funded state medical schools) will outwardly tell you that they do NOT have a need and they do not sponsor. I don’t want to be rude and say they are lying, they are and they aren’t, but what I can tell you is that they will sponsor as they (like all institutions) have a quota to fill and depending on what time of the year you call and how nice you are, they will or will not tell you that. Places like that tend to be nice, offer good benefits, health insurance and 401K plans, they will also probably want you to pay for your attorney expenses as the only thing they need to you do is sign a piece of paper agreeing to sponsor you.

Thus, if location is important to you and you don’t want to move, your best bet is to call around. I believe other than a hospital, a nursing home can sponsor you, and I think you have to be at least more than part time, and not casual or seasonal or a position like that. It all depends on the area you choose. Otherwise, per federal regulations, your salary SHOULD be and by law HAS to be the same as that of a US citizen, everything has to be offered on an equal level. And DON’T let any place tell you otherwise.

I hope this helps a little.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Leave a Reply

Note: You may use basic HTML in your comments. Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS